They say “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.” Asher Roth, hereafter referred to as Ash Roth or just plainly Asher, is sticking to this theory and continuing to build his catalog as he gains extra points in the rap game. Linking back up with Chester French (or just DA in this case), as he did on As I Em, the two’s respective and distinct sounds mesh perfectly once again on new record Gotta Get Up. Ash’s mellow laid back lyrical intricacy and DA’s raspy (voice effect of course) sing-songy hook both do justice to the production by Norfolk’s own Nottz, who provides bouncy pianos and almost boom-bap drums for Asher to discuss the daily task that’s both difficult and daunting: getting up out of bed and getting on with your day after a night of liver destroying festivities. As we wait for Ash’s upcoming album, The Spaghetti Tree, we should have more than enough to keep us satisfied with the release of his collaborative project with Nottz, the punnily titled Rawth EP, due to drop on December 27.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Change Gonna Come ft. Charles Hamilton & Asher Roth" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.