They say “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.” Asher Roth, hereafter referred to as Ash Roth or just plainly Asher, is sticking to this theory and continuing to build his catalog as he gains extra points in the rap game. Linking back up with Chester French (or just DA in this case), as he did on As I Em, the two’s respective and distinct sounds mesh perfectly once again on new record Gotta Get Up. Ash’s mellow laid back lyrical intricacy and DA’s raspy (voice effect of course) sing-songy hook both do justice to the production by Norfolk’s own Nottz, who provides bouncy pianos and almost boom-bap drums for Asher to discuss the daily task that’s both difficult and daunting: getting up out of bed and getting on with your day after a night of liver destroying festivities. As we wait for Ash’s upcoming album, The Spaghetti Tree, we should have more than enough to keep us satisfied with the release of his collaborative project with Nottz, the punnily titled Rawth EP, due to drop on December 27.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 12/19/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Change Gonna Come ft. Charles Hamilton & Asher Roth" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.