They say “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.” Asher Roth, hereafter referred to as Ash Roth or just plainly Asher, is sticking to this theory and continuing to build his catalog as he gains extra points in the rap game. Linking back up with Chester French (or just DA in this case), as he did on As I Em, the two’s respective and distinct sounds mesh perfectly once again on new record Gotta Get Up. Ash’s mellow laid back lyrical intricacy and DA’s raspy (voice effect of course) sing-songy hook both do justice to the production by Norfolk’s own Nottz, who provides bouncy pianos and almost boom-bap drums for Asher to discuss the daily task that’s both difficult and daunting: getting up out of bed and getting on with your day after a night of liver destroying festivities. As we wait for Ash’s upcoming album, The Spaghetti Tree, we should have more than enough to keep us satisfied with the release of his collaborative project with Nottz, the punnily titled Rawth EP, due to drop on December 27.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 12/19/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Change Gonna Come ft. Charles Hamilton & Asher Roth" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)