A popular nickname for 22-year old rapper Asher Roth is “The Great White Hope,” and for good reason. Rhyming from a young, working-class perspective, the Morrisville, Pennsylvania native brings some much-needed creativity into the hip-hop scene. Set to release his currently-untitled debut album on March 17 (St. Patrick’s Day) under SRC Recordings, Asher’s currently riding the wave of I Love College, an ode to the best four years of his life that has even the most rough-and-tumble MCs putting their drinks in the air and chugging. Jim Jones shows up for the remix, admitting that, though he spent only one semester in college, he loved the experience as much as the hardest-partying frat boy. To put it in Asher’s words, “Do I really have to graduate, or can I just stay here for the rest of my life?”
Written by Burmy on 01/6/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Change Gonna Come ft. Charles Hamilton & Asher Roth" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.