A popular nickname for 22-year old rapper Asher Roth is “The Great White Hope,” and for good reason. Rhyming from a young, working-class perspective, the Morrisville, Pennsylvania native brings some much-needed creativity into the hip-hop scene. Set to release his currently-untitled debut album on March 17 (St. Patrick’s Day) under SRC Recordings, Asher’s currently riding the wave of I Love College, an ode to the best four years of his life that has even the most rough-and-tumble MCs putting their drinks in the air and chugging. Jim Jones shows up for the remix, admitting that, though he spent only one semester in college, he loved the experience as much as the hardest-partying frat boy. To put it in Asher’s words, “Do I really have to graduate, or can I just stay here for the rest of my life?”
Written by Burmy on 01/6/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Change Gonna Come ft. Charles Hamilton & Asher Roth" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.