As any Catholics in the house already know (and lapsed Catholics like me just remembered), yesterday was Ash Wednesday. And what would a religious day of mourning and repentance be without a new jam from Asher Roth? Before heading abroad for his upcoming European tour dates, the Pittsburgh emcee celebrated the occasion by releasing Dude, the latest installment in his on-again, off-again online series named after the holiday. Fueled by the low-key sample work of Blended Babies, this cut features Roth on his “average Joe” sh*t, rhyming about such simple pleasures as enjoying a cold one on the front porch. Guest rhymesayer Curren$y engages in some international pimpin’ in his more rarefied closing contribution. Feeling it? Roth doesn’t currently have any forthcoming projects on the agenda, but fans can watch our front page for further singles in the sporadically-updated Ash Wednesday Series.
Written by richard on 02/14/13
As I talked about yesterday on RefinedHype, I have been pretty excited about Asher Roth's new project, RetroHash. I don't want to be redundantly repetitive so I'll give the abridged version. Basically, it's this, Asher blew...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Change Gonna Come ft. Charles Hamilton & Asher Roth" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.