In Asher Roth‘s exclusive interview with our own DJ Z (set to hit our front page this coming Thursday), the young buzzmaker states with confidence that his debut album will reveal that he’s much more than than the beer-pong champion he portrayed himself as in I Love College. In this newly-released iTunes bonus track, for example, Roth reveals that, under the fratboy facade, he is in fact a musical Perfectionist. Lark On My Go Kart producer Oren Yoel serves up a midtempo guitar-and-synth instrumental as Roth proves the title true, spitting verses that, though they certainly won’t put an end to the Eminem comparisons (another subject discussed in the forthcoming interview), sound more precise and driven than ever. Complete with a hard-nosed closing verse by Beanie Sigel and a hook by Konvict Muzik up-and-comers Rock City, Perfectionist is sure to spur digital downloads of Asleep in the Bread Aisle when it hits iTunes (as well as record shops everywhere) on 4/20.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Change Gonna Come ft. Charles Hamilton & Asher Roth" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.