In Asher Roth‘s exclusive interview with our own DJ Z (set to hit our front page this coming Thursday), the young buzzmaker states with confidence that his debut album will reveal that he’s much more than than the beer-pong champion he portrayed himself as in I Love College. In this newly-released iTunes bonus track, for example, Roth reveals that, under the fratboy facade, he is in fact a musical Perfectionist. Lark On My Go Kart producer Oren Yoel serves up a midtempo guitar-and-synth instrumental as Roth proves the title true, spitting verses that, though they certainly won’t put an end to the Eminem comparisons (another subject discussed in the forthcoming interview), sound more precise and driven than ever. Complete with a hard-nosed closing verse by Beanie Sigel and a hook by Konvict Muzik up-and-comers Rock City, Perfectionist is sure to spur digital downloads of Asleep in the Bread Aisle when it hits iTunes (as well as record shops everywhere) on 4/20.
Written by richard on 04/5/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Change Gonna Come ft. Charles Hamilton & Asher Roth" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.