In Asher Roth‘s exclusive interview with our own DJ Z (set to hit our front page this coming Thursday), the young buzzmaker states with confidence that his debut album will reveal that he’s much more than than the beer-pong champion he portrayed himself as in I Love College. In this newly-released iTunes bonus track, for example, Roth reveals that, under the fratboy facade, he is in fact a musical Perfectionist. Lark On My Go Kart producer Oren Yoel serves up a midtempo guitar-and-synth instrumental as Roth proves the title true, spitting verses that, though they certainly won’t put an end to the Eminem comparisons (another subject discussed in the forthcoming interview), sound more precise and driven than ever. Complete with a hard-nosed closing verse by Beanie Sigel and a hook by Konvict Muzik up-and-comers Rock City, Perfectionist is sure to spur digital downloads of Asleep in the Bread Aisle when it hits iTunes (as well as record shops everywhere) on 4/20.
Written by richard on 04/5/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Change Gonna Come ft. Charles Hamilton & Asher Roth" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Adrian Lau - The Departed
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- Drake - 6 God EP
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.