By now, it’s Common Knowledge that Asher Roth has mic skills light-years beyond what his early “beer-swilling fratboy” persona might have led one to believe. Well, at least it is among clued-in heads like the intelligent and attractive individuals who make up The DJBooth’s readership. As for those a little slower on the uptake, the Morrisville, Pennsylvania native is thoughtfully attempting to edify them with his latest effort, a newly-leaked jam off his next street album. Roth’s production partners throughout much of the project, Blended Babies layer burbling synth arpeggios over a reverb-drenched breakbeat to back the rapper’s free-associative bars. As usual, it would take hours to sift through the lyrical soup of pop-culture references for one choice line. To give you an idea of Roth’s allusive range, however, the spitter manages to namedrop famed powerlifter Magnús Ver Magnússon, quote A League of Their Own (“There’s no crying in baseball!”) and shout out onetime Nickelodeon mascot Stick Stickly; all before the record comes to a close. Digging it? Then stay tuned for the latest news and tunes leading up to the yet-unscheduled release of Asher Roth’s Pabst & Jazz LP.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Change Gonna Come ft. Charles Hamilton & Asher Roth" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.