It seems like just yesterday Asher Roth was the guy who really, really loved college. Since then he’s embarked on an extended campaign to be taken more seriously as an emcee, but not too seriously. Asher still knows how to have a good time, although instead of keg stands he’s now partying a little more responsibly on new single Another One Down. Producer Oren Yoel crafts a fist pumping beat backed by a D.A. Wallach hook that will undoubtedly became a live show staple, giving Asher an uptempo foundation to build on. In characteristic Roth fashion he keeps the delivery mellow and pop-culture reference heavy (Liam Neeson doesn’t get a lot of rap shout outs) while still emphasizing his newfound maturity: “I’m grown up now so there’s really no rules / I’m happy that I made it through the day so let if go.” So how about it Booth Nation? Will you have Asher’s latest effort playing in the background as you throw back a few and unwind after a hard day of work? Either way, fans can expect more grown man music on his upcoming album
The Spaghetti Tree
Is This Too Orange?, due out this fall.
Written by Nathan S. on 08/4/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Change Gonna Come ft. Charles Hamilton & Asher Roth" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.