It seems like just yesterday Asher Roth was the guy who really, really loved college. Since then he’s embarked on an extended campaign to be taken more seriously as an emcee, but not too seriously. Asher still knows how to have a good time, although instead of keg stands he’s now partying a little more responsibly on new single Another One Down. Producer Oren Yoel crafts a fist pumping beat backed by a D.A. Wallach hook that will undoubtedly became a live show staple, giving Asher an uptempo foundation to build on. In characteristic Roth fashion he keeps the delivery mellow and pop-culture reference heavy (Liam Neeson doesn’t get a lot of rap shout outs) while still emphasizing his newfound maturity: “I’m grown up now so there’s really no rules / I’m happy that I made it through the day so let if go.” So how about it Booth Nation? Will you have Asher’s latest effort playing in the background as you throw back a few and unwind after a hard day of work? Either way, fans can expect more grown man music on his upcoming album
The Spaghetti Tree
Is This Too Orange?, due out this fall.
Written by Nathan S. on 08/4/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Change Gonna Come ft. Charles Hamilton & Asher Roth" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.