It seems like just yesterday Asher Roth was the guy who really, really loved college. Since then he’s embarked on an extended campaign to be taken more seriously as an emcee, but not too seriously. Asher still knows how to have a good time, although instead of keg stands he’s now partying a little more responsibly on new single Another One Down. Producer Oren Yoel crafts a fist pumping beat backed by a D.A. Wallach hook that will undoubtedly became a live show staple, giving Asher an uptempo foundation to build on. In characteristic Roth fashion he keeps the delivery mellow and pop-culture reference heavy (Liam Neeson doesn’t get a lot of rap shout outs) while still emphasizing his newfound maturity: “I’m grown up now so there’s really no rules / I’m happy that I made it through the day so let if go.” So how about it Booth Nation? Will you have Asher’s latest effort playing in the background as you throw back a few and unwind after a hard day of work? Either way, fans can expect more grown man music on his upcoming album
The Spaghetti Tree
Is This Too Orange?, due out this fall.
Written by Nathan S. on 08/4/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Change Gonna Come ft. Charles Hamilton & Asher Roth" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.