When The Inc. signed a distribution deal with Universal Motown in early 2006, the music world awaited new releases from the label’s flagship artists, Ja Rule and Ashanti. In early 2007 both were supposed to drop their new albums; neither has celebrated a release. With Rule tentatively set to release The Mirror in March, Ashanti plans to trail close behind and drop her newest offering, The Declaration, soon after. Since the first two choices (Switch and Hey Baby) for a buzz single didn’t pan out, Ashanti has released her latest try, The Way That I Love You. With a piano-laced beat that could make Alicia Keys shed a tear, Ashanti does away with the club production and aims for higher ground. Tune in this spring to find out if - and when - Ashanti will declare her love.
Written by DJ Z on 01/14/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You Cant Deny It (Ridah) ft. Jim Jones" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.