When The Inc. signed a distribution deal with Universal Motown in early 2006, the music world awaited new releases from the label’s flagship artists, Ja Rule and Ashanti. In early 2007 both were supposed to drop their new albums; neither has celebrated a release. With Rule tentatively set to release The Mirror in March, Ashanti plans to trail close behind and drop her newest offering, The Declaration, soon after. Since the first two choices (Switch and Hey Baby) for a buzz single didn’t pan out, Ashanti has released her latest try, The Way That I Love You. With a piano-laced beat that could make Alicia Keys shed a tear, Ashanti does away with the club production and aims for higher ground. Tune in this spring to find out if - and when - Ashanti will declare her love.
Written by DJ Z on 01/14/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pac's Life" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)