When The Inc. signed a distribution deal with Universal Motown in early 2006, the music world awaited new releases from the label’s flagship artists, Ja Rule and Ashanti. In early 2007 both were supposed to drop their new albums; neither has celebrated a release. With Rule tentatively set to release The Mirror in March, Ashanti plans to trail close behind and drop her newest offering, The Declaration, soon after. Since the first two choices (Switch and Hey Baby) for a buzz single didn’t pan out, Ashanti has released her latest try, The Way That I Love You. With a piano-laced beat that could make Alicia Keys shed a tear, Ashanti does away with the club production and aims for higher ground. Tune in this spring to find out if - and when - Ashanti will declare her love.
Written by DJ Z on 01/14/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You Cant Deny It (Ridah) ft. Jim Jones" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.