When The Inc. signed a distribution deal with Universal Motown in early 2006, the music world awaited new releases from the label’s flagship artists, Ja Rule and Ashanti. In early 2007 both were supposed to drop their new albums; neither has celebrated a release. With Rule tentatively set to release The Mirror in March, Ashanti plans to trail close behind and drop her newest offering, The Declaration, soon after. Since the first two choices (Switch and Hey Baby) for a buzz single didn’t pan out, Ashanti has released her latest try, The Way That I Love You. With a piano-laced beat that could make Alicia Keys shed a tear, Ashanti does away with the club production and aims for higher ground. Tune in this spring to find out if - and when - Ashanti will declare her love.
Written by DJ Z on 01/14/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pac's Life" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.