When The Inc. signed a distribution deal with Universal Motown in early 2006, the music world awaited new releases from the label’s flagship artists, Ja Rule and Ashanti. In early 2007 both were supposed to drop their new albums; neither has celebrated a release. With Rule tentatively set to release The Mirror in March, Ashanti plans to trail close behind and drop her newest offering, The Declaration, soon after. Since the first two choices (Switch and Hey Baby) for a buzz single didn’t pan out, Ashanti has released her latest try, The Way That I Love You. With a piano-laced beat that could make Alicia Keys shed a tear, Ashanti does away with the club production and aims for higher ground. Tune in this spring to find out if - and when - Ashanti will declare her love.
Written by DJ Z on 01/14/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You Cant Deny It (Ridah) ft. Jim Jones" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.