Having received lukewarm reader reviews for No One, the French Montana and Meek Mill-assisted lead single from her forthcoming comeback set, Ashanti has pulled out the big guns for the follow-up. The’s What We Do finds the veteran songstress coming together with R&B superstar R. Kelly to describe the quotidian ups and downs of a romantic relationship. Over Lil Ronnie‘s lush, stuttering sample work, the singers take us from the myriad petty grievances, suspicions and vindictive actions they inflict on each other every day to the eventual release of tensions in the bedroom—in the process reminding listeners why they’re two of the most highly-regarded vocalists in the music game. Digging this down-to-earth duet? Then keep it locked to our pages for more fresh song releases leading up to the 2013 arrival of Ashanti’s Braveheart LP.
Written by richard on 10/2/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You Cant Deny It (Ridah) ft. Jim Jones" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Logic - Buried Alive
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.