Having received lukewarm reader reviews for No One, the French Montana and Meek Mill-assisted lead single from her forthcoming comeback set, Ashanti has pulled out the big guns for the follow-up. The’s What We Do finds the veteran songstress coming together with R&B superstar R. Kelly to describe the quotidian ups and downs of a romantic relationship. Over Lil Ronnie‘s lush, stuttering sample work, the singers take us from the myriad petty grievances, suspicions and vindictive actions they inflict on each other every day to the eventual release of tensions in the bedroom—in the process reminding listeners why they’re two of the most highly-regarded vocalists in the music game. Digging this down-to-earth duet? Then keep it locked to our pages for more fresh song releases leading up to the 2013 arrival of Ashanti’s Braveheart LP.
Written by richard on 10/2/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pac's Life" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.