Having received lukewarm reader reviews for No One, the French Montana and Meek Mill-assisted lead single from her forthcoming comeback set, Ashanti has pulled out the big guns for the follow-up. The’s What We Do finds the veteran songstress coming together with R&B superstar R. Kelly to describe the quotidian ups and downs of a romantic relationship. Over Lil Ronnie‘s lush, stuttering sample work, the singers take us from the myriad petty grievances, suspicions and vindictive actions they inflict on each other every day to the eventual release of tensions in the bedroom—in the process reminding listeners why they’re two of the most highly-regarded vocalists in the music game. Digging this down-to-earth duet? Then keep it locked to our pages for more fresh song releases leading up to the 2013 arrival of Ashanti’s Braveheart LP.
Written by richard on 10/2/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pac's Life" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.