While our regulars are clearly excited by the prospect of a new Ashanti LP, as evidenced by the feedback and ratings garnered by last fall’s R. Kelly-assisted That’s What We Do, that enthusiasm has yet to translate into a solid drop date for the epically-delayed set. In an effort to get the gears moving, the veteran R&B songstress has unleashed new single Never Should Have, a rueful ballad addressed to a man who made her fall in love when he knew he wasn’t going to stick around. Mansur Zafr backs the singer’s heartbroken vocals with an effervescent synth arrangement that builds to a soaring chorus. So, Booth readers, will this be the record that finally earns Braveheart a spot on Written Entertainment/eOne‘s release calendar? Debate away—and, as always, keep it locked for the latest news and tunes.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You Cant Deny It (Ridah) ft. Jim Jones" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.