While our regulars are clearly excited by the prospect of a new Ashanti LP, as evidenced by the feedback and ratings garnered by last fall’s R. Kelly-assisted That’s What We Do, that enthusiasm has yet to translate into a solid drop date for the epically-delayed set. In an effort to get the gears moving, the veteran R&B songstress has unleashed new single Never Should Have, a rueful ballad addressed to a man who made her fall in love when he knew he wasn’t going to stick around. Mansur Zafr backs the singer’s heartbroken vocals with an effervescent synth arrangement that builds to a soaring chorus. So, Booth readers, will this be the record that finally earns Braveheart a spot on Written Entertainment/eOne‘s release calendar? Debate away—and, as always, keep it locked for the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 03/27/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pac's Life" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.