While our regulars are clearly excited by the prospect of a new Ashanti LP, as evidenced by the feedback and ratings garnered by last fall’s R. Kelly-assisted That’s What We Do, that enthusiasm has yet to translate into a solid drop date for the epically-delayed set. In an effort to get the gears moving, the veteran R&B songstress has unleashed new single Never Should Have, a rueful ballad addressed to a man who made her fall in love when he knew he wasn’t going to stick around. Mansur Zafr backs the singer’s heartbroken vocals with an effervescent synth arrangement that builds to a soaring chorus. So, Booth readers, will this be the record that finally earns Braveheart a spot on Written Entertainment/eOne‘s release calendar? Debate away—and, as always, keep it locked for the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 03/27/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pac's Life" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)