While our regulars are clearly excited by the prospect of a new Ashanti LP, as evidenced by the feedback and ratings garnered by last fall’s R. Kelly-assisted That’s What We Do, that enthusiasm has yet to translate into a solid drop date for the epically-delayed set. In an effort to get the gears moving, the veteran R&B songstress has unleashed new single Never Should Have, a rueful ballad addressed to a man who made her fall in love when he knew he wasn’t going to stick around. Mansur Zafr backs the singer’s heartbroken vocals with an effervescent synth arrangement that builds to a soaring chorus. So, Booth readers, will this be the record that finally earns Braveheart a spot on Written Entertainment/eOne‘s release calendar? Debate away—and, as always, keep it locked for the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 03/27/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pac's Life" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.