No, you haven’t magically time-traveled back to 2003; it is still 2013 and this is a new single (released to iTunes earlier this week) from Ashanti. Need proof that I Got It is actually from this calender year? Her guest, Rick Ross, adds a booming, slow-but-steady 16 that couldn’t be more ‘13. Though longtime collaborator LT Hutton‘s trap beat might sound more up Ross’s alley, Ashanti ain’t’t no slouch. Her voice skates atop the production as she demonstrates some serious power despite her smooth, R&B-rooted style. If you’d greatly appreciate more material from Ashanti, be sure to circle back around to her last Booth feature, March’s Never Should Have.
Update: We have added the Eif Rivera-directed visuals for Ashanti’s I Got It single.
Written by Lucas G. on 11/27/13
Six years after the release of her last studio album, The Declaration, veteran R&B singer Ashanti has unleashed her new Braveheart LP. The artist's fifth full-length in total, the 15-track set comes heralded by...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You Cant Deny It (Ridah) ft. Jim Jones" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)