No, you haven’t magically time-traveled back to 2003; it is still 2013 and this is a new single (released to iTunes earlier this week) from Ashanti. Need proof that I Got It is actually from this calender year? Her guest, Rick Ross, adds a booming, slow-but-steady 16 that couldn’t be more ‘13. Though longtime collaborator LT Hutton‘s trap beat might sound more up Ross’s alley, Ashanti ain’t’t no slouch. Her voice skates atop the production as she demonstrates some serious power despite her smooth, R&B-rooted style. If you’d greatly appreciate more material from Ashanti, be sure to circle back around to her last Booth feature, March’s Never Should Have.
Update: We have added the Eif Rivera-directed visuals for Ashanti’s I Got It single.
Written by Lucas G. on 11/27/13
Six years after the release of her last studio album, The Declaration, veteran R&B singer Ashanti has unleashed her new Braveheart LP. The artist's fifth full-length in total, the 15-track set comes heralded by...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You Cant Deny It (Ridah) ft. Jim Jones" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.