No, you haven’t magically time-traveled back to 2003; it is still 2013 and this is a new single (released to iTunes earlier this week) from Ashanti. Need proof that I Got It is actually from this calender year? Her guest, Rick Ross, adds a booming, slow-but-steady 16 that couldn’t be more ‘13. Though longtime collaborator LT Hutton‘s trap beat might sound more up Ross’s alley, Ashanti ain’t’t no slouch. Her voice skates atop the production as she demonstrates some serious power despite her smooth, R&B-rooted style. If you’d greatly appreciate more material from Ashanti, be sure to circle back around to her last Booth feature, March’s Never Should Have.
Update: We have added the Eif Rivera-directed visuals for Ashanti’s I Got It single.
Written by Lucas G. on 11/27/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pac's Life" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.