No, you haven’t magically time-traveled back to 2003; it is still 2013 and this is a new single (released to iTunes earlier this week) from Ashanti. Need proof that I Got It is actually from this calender year? Her guest, Rick Ross, adds a booming, slow-but-steady 16 that couldn’t be more ‘13. Though longtime collaborator LT Hutton‘s trap beat might sound more up Ross’s alley, Ashanti ain’t’t no slouch. Her voice skates atop the production as she demonstrates some serious power despite her smooth, R&B-rooted style. If you’d greatly appreciate more material from Ashanti, be sure to circle back around to her last Booth feature, March’s Never Should Have.
Update: We have added the Eif Rivera-directed visuals for Ashanti’s I Got It single.
Written by Lucas G. on 11/27/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pac's Life" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.