When Ashanti‘s new single Hey Baby (After The Club) leaked, many listeners criticized producer Mario Winans for minimally tweaking his own beat from Diddy & Keyshia Cole‘s collabo, Last Night (both sample Prince’s ‘84 hit Erotic City). While the remix maintains the original vocals, Winans’ beat is scratched and instead replaced with new production from Trackzillas. Although traces still remain of Last Night, the Trackzillas remix provides more originality by adding extra drum rhythms, violins, electric guitar sounds and even an adlib by The Inc. boss, Irv Gotti. A sure-shot banger for the dance halls, this remix should give Hey Baby some much-needed buzz and hopefully help The Declaration stick to its new release date of February 19, 2008.
Written by Burmy on 11/6/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pac's Life" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.