When Ashanti‘s new single Hey Baby (After The Club) leaked, many listeners criticized producer Mario Winans for minimally tweaking his own beat from Diddy & Keyshia Cole‘s collabo, Last Night (both sample Prince’s ‘84 hit Erotic City). While the remix maintains the original vocals, Winans’ beat is scratched and instead replaced with new production from Trackzillas. Although traces still remain of Last Night, the Trackzillas remix provides more originality by adding extra drum rhythms, violins, electric guitar sounds and even an adlib by The Inc. boss, Irv Gotti. A sure-shot banger for the dance halls, this remix should give Hey Baby some much-needed buzz and hopefully help The Declaration stick to its new release date of February 19, 2008.
Written by Burmy on 11/6/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pac's Life" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.