When Ashanti‘s new single Hey Baby (After The Club) leaked, many listeners criticized producer Mario Winans for minimally tweaking his own beat from Diddy & Keyshia Cole‘s collabo, Last Night (both sample Prince’s ‘84 hit Erotic City). While the remix maintains the original vocals, Winans’ beat is scratched and instead replaced with new production from Trackzillas. Although traces still remain of Last Night, the Trackzillas remix provides more originality by adding extra drum rhythms, violins, electric guitar sounds and even an adlib by The Inc. boss, Irv Gotti. A sure-shot banger for the dance halls, this remix should give Hey Baby some much-needed buzz and hopefully help The Declaration stick to its new release date of February 19, 2008.
Written by Burmy on 11/6/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You Cant Deny It (Ridah) ft. Jim Jones" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.