When Ashanti‘s new single Hey Baby (After The Club) leaked, many listeners criticized producer Mario Winans for minimally tweaking his own beat from Diddy & Keyshia Cole‘s collabo, Last Night (both sample Prince’s ‘84 hit Erotic City). While the remix maintains the original vocals, Winans’ beat is scratched and instead replaced with new production from Trackzillas. Although traces still remain of Last Night, the Trackzillas remix provides more originality by adding extra drum rhythms, violins, electric guitar sounds and even an adlib by The Inc. boss, Irv Gotti. A sure-shot banger for the dance halls, this remix should give Hey Baby some much-needed buzz and hopefully help The Declaration stick to its new release date of February 19, 2008.
Written by Burmy on 11/6/07
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You Cant Deny It (Ridah) ft. Jim Jones" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)