Evidently, Ashanti has never sat down with a pair of headphones and listened to the Diddy and Keyshia Cole collaboration, Last Night. If she had, it would be easy to hear that Mario Winans, the producer of the chart topping smash, merely tweaked the beat and turned it around to create Hey Baby (After The Club). Don’t get me wrong—this happens all the time (see Lil’ Jon). Although when creativity and uniqueness are key, Ashanti essentially is mimicking Ms. Cole. Then again, when she releases her upcoming album The Declaration on December 7th, she might hold her own just fine.
Written by DJ Z on 09/17/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pac's Life" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)