Evidently, Ashanti has never sat down with a pair of headphones and listened to the Diddy and Keyshia Cole collaboration, Last Night. If she had, it would be easy to hear that Mario Winans, the producer of the chart topping smash, merely tweaked the beat and turned it around to create Hey Baby (After The Club). Don’t get me wrong—this happens all the time (see Lil’ Jon). Although when creativity and uniqueness are key, Ashanti essentially is mimicking Ms. Cole. Then again, when she releases her upcoming album The Declaration on December 7th, she might hold her own just fine.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You Cant Deny It (Ridah) ft. Jim Jones" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!