Evidently, Ashanti has never sat down with a pair of headphones and listened to the Diddy and Keyshia Cole collaboration, Last Night. If she had, it would be easy to hear that Mario Winans, the producer of the chart topping smash, merely tweaked the beat and turned it around to create Hey Baby (After The Club). Don’t get me wrong—this happens all the time (see Lil’ Jon). Although when creativity and uniqueness are key, Ashanti essentially is mimicking Ms. Cole. Then again, when she releases her upcoming album The Declaration on December 7th, she might hold her own just fine.
Written by DJ Z on 09/17/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You Cant Deny It (Ridah) ft. Jim Jones" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.