Evidently, Ashanti has never sat down with a pair of headphones and listened to the Diddy and Keyshia Cole collaboration, Last Night. If she had, it would be easy to hear that Mario Winans, the producer of the chart topping smash, merely tweaked the beat and turned it around to create Hey Baby (After The Club). Don’t get me wrong—this happens all the time (see Lil’ Jon). Although when creativity and uniqueness are key, Ashanti essentially is mimicking Ms. Cole. Then again, when she releases her upcoming album The Declaration on December 7th, she might hold her own just fine.
Written by DJ Z on 09/17/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pac's Life" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.