There are many successful strategies in the music business. One of the more popular tactics is to feature a second single that contrasts dramatically with the first release off an album (i.e. Trina‘s Single Again and I Gotta Thang For You). Sticking with what has worked, Universal Motown artist Ashanti has followed up her “woman scorned” ballad, The Way That I Love You, with a tale of the Good Good she offers her man nightly. Jermaine Dupri‘s mid-tempo beat is the polar opposite of Way‘s heart-pounding background, making Good Good a perfect single to set satisfied lovers apart from those scorned. Ashanti’s fourth studio album, The Declaration, is now available in stores and online.
Note: The streaming of “Good Good” has temporarily been suspended.
Written by Burmy on 06/18/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You Cant Deny It (Ridah) ft. Jim Jones" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.