Ashanti‘s back and determined to reclaim her Princess of R&B title. Her new track You Can’t Deny It (Ridah) is essentially a sample of 2Pac’s Ambitions Az A Ridah. Ashanti’s voice is more suited to whispering “baby, baby, baby” rather than proclaiming “I’m a straight ridah!” Although she seems a little out of place, Jim Jones guest feature adds some grittiness. Ashanti shines at moments, but leaves us hoping the best is yet to come.
Written by Nathan S. on 02/5/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pac's Life" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.