Ashanti‘s back and determined to reclaim her Princess of R&B title. Her new track You Can’t Deny It (Ridah) is essentially a sample of 2Pac’s Ambitions Az A Ridah. Ashanti’s voice is more suited to whispering “baby, baby, baby” rather than proclaiming “I’m a straight ridah!” Although she seems a little out of place, Jim Jones guest feature adds some grittiness. Ashanti shines at moments, but leaves us hoping the best is yet to come.
Written by Nathan S. on 02/5/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Put A Lil Umph In It (Wind On Me) ft. Ashanti" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.