Remember Ashanti‘s video for Rock Wit U, which depicted her laying on the beach? Well, for her latest single, First Real Love, I think she went back to that tropical paradise to grab Beenie Man. It makes sense, because you can’t have a dope dancehall cut without Beenie’s energetic, brisk vocals. This isn’t just your average dancehall cut, either. Behind the boards, producers Teetimus, Mista Raja Greene and Yusuf Sef Millz Alexander blend the dancehall vibe with elements of R&B and EDM to create a unique hybrid between the three genres. Though Ashanti’s vocals are bubbly, they are quite powerful as well; your average singer would get drowned out by the crazy beat, but not this veteran crooner. Like last month’s Rick Ross-assisted I Got It, First Real Love will appear on the artist’s Braveheart album, due out March 4.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/21/14
Six years after the release of her last studio album, The Declaration, veteran R&B singer Ashanti has unleashed her new Braveheart LP. The artist's fifth full-length in total, the 15-track set comes heralded by...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You Cant Deny It (Ridah) ft. Jim Jones" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.