Remember Ashanti‘s video for Rock Wit U, which depicted her laying on the beach? Well, for her latest single, First Real Love, I think she went back to that tropical paradise to grab Beenie Man. It makes sense, because you can’t have a dope dancehall cut without Beenie’s energetic, brisk vocals. This isn’t just your average dancehall cut, either. Behind the boards, producers Teetimus, Mista Raja Greene and Yusuf Sef Millz Alexander blend the dancehall vibe with elements of R&B and EDM to create a unique hybrid between the three genres. Though Ashanti’s vocals are bubbly, they are quite powerful as well; your average singer would get drowned out by the crazy beat, but not this veteran crooner. Like last month’s Rick Ross-assisted I Got It, First Real Love will appear on the artist’s Braveheart album, due out March 4.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/21/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pac's Life" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.