Today, A$AP Rocky saw all of his hard work come to fruition with the release of his major-label debut album. An achievement like that calls for celebration; sure enough, we find the Harlem spitter going Wild for the Night on the project’s latest single. And who should join him in his revelry than… Skrillex? While he doesn’t seem like an intuitive match for Rocky’s syrupy aesthetic, the dubstep heavyweight’s reggae-informed rhythms and syncopated sirens provide a dope counterpoint to the emcee’s flow. French DJ crew Birdy Nam Nam round out the lineup, appearing by way of a vocal sample from 2011 cut Goin’ In. Feeling it? Then what are you waiting for—head out to your local record store (or, ya know, iTunes) and cop LONG.LIVE.A$AP, out now via RCA Polo Grounds.
Update: We have added the Chris Robinson-directed visuals for A$AP Rocky’s Wild For The Night single.
Written by richard on 03/26/13
Submit your Rating
Polo Grounds Music/RCA
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.