Today, A$AP Rocky saw all of his hard work come to fruition with the release of his major-label debut album. An achievement like that calls for celebration; sure enough, we find the Harlem spitter going Wild for the Night on the project’s latest single. And who should join him in his revelry than… Skrillex? While he doesn’t seem like an intuitive match for Rocky’s syrupy aesthetic, the dubstep heavyweight’s reggae-informed rhythms and syncopated sirens provide a dope counterpoint to the emcee’s flow. French DJ crew Birdy Nam Nam round out the lineup, appearing by way of a vocal sample from 2011 cut Goin’ In. Feeling it? Then what are you waiting for—head out to your local record store (or, ya know, iTunes) and cop LONG.LIVE.A$AP, out now via RCA Polo Grounds.
Update: We have added the Chris Robinson-directed visuals for A$AP Rocky’s Wild For The Night single.
Written by richard on 03/26/13
Submit your Rating
Polo Grounds Music/RCA
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.