Today, A$AP Rocky saw all of his hard work come to fruition with the release of his major-label debut album. An achievement like that calls for celebration; sure enough, we find the Harlem spitter going Wild for the Night on the project’s latest single. And who should join him in his revelry than… Skrillex? While he doesn’t seem like an intuitive match for Rocky’s syrupy aesthetic, the dubstep heavyweight’s reggae-informed rhythms and syncopated sirens provide a dope counterpoint to the emcee’s flow. French DJ crew Birdy Nam Nam round out the lineup, appearing by way of a vocal sample from 2011 cut Goin’ In. Feeling it? Then what are you waiting for—head out to your local record store (or, ya know, iTunes) and cop LONG.LIVE.A$AP, out now via RCA Polo Grounds.
Update: We have added the Chris Robinson-directed visuals for A$AP Rocky’s Wild For The Night single.
Written by richard on 03/26/13
One-hit wonders and overnight successes are not a new phenomenon. From The Three Chuckles in the ‘50s, to Skee-Lo in the ‘90s, to Kreayshawn in the 2010’s, music has always seen artists seemingly explode out of nowhere,...
Polo Grounds Music/RCA
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.