If this were Opposite Day, I’d say that I was shocked—shocked!—to hear that A$AP Rocky‘s massively anticipated major-label debut leaked to the ‘net earlier this week. But it’s not, so I’ll keep it real; we all saw this coming, RCA included. As a contingency plan, the label has decided to feed the streets by unleashing the LP’s title track. Fittingly for a joint that represents the entire album, LONG.LIVE.A$AP touches upon many of the Harlem phenom’s signature topics: his emergence from the ‘hood, his ambitions in the game, the perils of the hustle and, of course, the generally fly figure he cuts when he’s riding down the block. Heavyweight beatmakers Jim Jonsin and Rico Love man the boards, creating a dissonant instrumental wreathed in a parking garage’s worth of reverb. Feeling it? Assuming you didn’t cave and procure the project through, cough, other channels, you’ll be able to cop the full-length in stores and online January 15, 2013.
Written by richard on 12/21/12
Submit your Rating
Polo Grounds Music/RCA
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.