If this were Opposite Day, I’d say that I was shocked—shocked!—to hear that A$AP Rocky‘s massively anticipated major-label debut leaked to the ‘net earlier this week. But it’s not, so I’ll keep it real; we all saw this coming, RCA included. As a contingency plan, the label has decided to feed the streets by unleashing the LP’s title track. Fittingly for a joint that represents the entire album, LONG.LIVE.A$AP touches upon many of the Harlem phenom’s signature topics: his emergence from the ‘hood, his ambitions in the game, the perils of the hustle and, of course, the generally fly figure he cuts when he’s riding down the block. Heavyweight beatmakers Jim Jonsin and Rico Love man the boards, creating a dissonant instrumental wreathed in a parking garage’s worth of reverb. Feeling it? Assuming you didn’t cave and procure the project through, cough, other channels, you’ll be able to cop the full-length in stores and online January 15, 2013.
Written by richard on 12/21/12
Submit your Rating
Polo Grounds Music/RCA
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.