If this were Opposite Day, I’d say that I was shocked—shocked!—to hear that A$AP Rocky‘s massively anticipated major-label debut leaked to the ‘net earlier this week. But it’s not, so I’ll keep it real; we all saw this coming, RCA included. As a contingency plan, the label has decided to feed the streets by unleashing the LP’s title track. Fittingly for a joint that represents the entire album, LONG.LIVE.A$AP touches upon many of the Harlem phenom’s signature topics: his emergence from the ‘hood, his ambitions in the game, the perils of the hustle and, of course, the generally fly figure he cuts when he’s riding down the block. Heavyweight beatmakers Jim Jonsin and Rico Love man the boards, creating a dissonant instrumental wreathed in a parking garage’s worth of reverb. Feeling it? Assuming you didn’t cave and procure the project through, cough, other channels, you’ll be able to cop the full-length in stores and online January 15, 2013.
Written by richard on 12/21/12
Submit your Rating
Polo Grounds Music/RCA
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.