Boom-bap revivalism was never the A$AP Mob‘s main focus, so you might be surprised to hit “play” on the collective’s latest single and find yourself transported back in time to 1994. On Trillmatic, A$AP Ty Beats crafts a head-nodding throwback groove to back A$AP Nast as he shows off his ‘90s-baby credentials in aggressive, tightly-wound bars. Appropriately, he enlists guest assistance from a seasoned vet; Wu Tang‘s own Method Man laces the back with some vintage battle rhymes. Shot in the Bronx’s Castle Hill neighborhood, the official visuals pack cameos from Rocky, Ferg and the rest of the A$AP family. For Trillmatic and much more, cop the ASAP Mob’s Lords compilation March 4, when it hits record stores and online retailers via RCA Records.
Written by richard on 12/4/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.