Boom-bap revivalism was never the A$AP Mob‘s main focus, so you might be surprised to hit “play” on the collective’s latest single and find yourself transported back in time to 1994. On Trillmatic, A$AP Ty Beats crafts a head-nodding throwback groove to back A$AP Nast as he shows off his ‘90s-baby credentials in aggressive, tightly-wound bars. Appropriately, he enlists guest assistance from a seasoned vet; Wu Tang‘s own Method Man laces the back with some vintage battle rhymes. Shot in the Bronx’s Castle Hill neighborhood, the official visuals pack cameos from Rocky, Ferg and the rest of the A$AP family. For Trillmatic and much more, cop the ASAP Mob’s Lords compilation March 4, when it hits record stores and online retailers via RCA Records.
Written by richard on 12/4/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.