Boom-bap revivalism was never the A$AP Mob‘s main focus, so you might be surprised to hit “play” on the collective’s latest single and find yourself transported back in time to 1994. On Trillmatic, A$AP Ty Beats crafts a head-nodding throwback groove to back A$AP Nast as he shows off his ‘90s-baby credentials in aggressive, tightly-wound bars. Appropriately, he enlists guest assistance from a seasoned vet; Wu Tang‘s own Method Man laces the back with some vintage battle rhymes. Shot in the Bronx’s Castle Hill neighborhood, the official visuals pack cameos from Rocky, Ferg and the rest of the A$AP family. For Trillmatic and much more, cop the ASAP Mob’s Lords compilation March 4, when it hits record stores and online retailers via RCA Records.
Written by richard on 12/4/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)