Boom-bap revivalism was never the A$AP Mob‘s main focus, so you might be surprised to hit “play” on the collective’s latest single and find yourself transported back in time to 1994. On Trillmatic, A$AP Ty Beats crafts a head-nodding throwback groove to back A$AP Nast as he shows off his ‘90s-baby credentials in aggressive, tightly-wound bars. Appropriately, he enlists guest assistance from a seasoned vet; Wu Tang‘s own Method Man laces the back with some vintage battle rhymes. Shot in the Bronx’s Castle Hill neighborhood, the official visuals pack cameos from Rocky, Ferg and the rest of the A$AP family. For Trillmatic and much more, cop the ASAP Mob’s Lords compilation March 4, when it hits record stores and online retailers via RCA Records.
Written by richard on 12/4/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.