Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
In addition to being among the first dancehall artists to go international, Shabba Ranks is famous for his flashy outfits, typically involving an extensive array of gold accoutrements. A fellow admirer of element number 79 on the periodic table, A$AP Ferg channels the Kingston icon’s fly fashion sense, along with a dash of his vocal delivery, on his latest single selection. Over a booming, tension-fraught instrumental by Modern Outfit beatsmith Snugworth, the emcee busts out his best fake patois as he boasts about his wardrobe and his “coupe full of bad hoes.” A$AP capo Rocky guests, toasting his success and shouting-out the (myriad) women in his life on verse two. Fans will be able to find Shabba and many more bangers on RCA debut album Trap Lord, scheduled to hit record stores and online retailers Tuesday, September 20.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Ferg’s Andrew Hines-directed Shabba visual.
Written by richard on 07/15/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.