When an artist dedicates a record to another well-known figure in the music game, it will inevitably reach the latter’s ears sooner or later. The question is, how will he or she react? In the case of Shabba, single number two off ASAP Ferg‘s freshmen set, the subject was clearly feeling it, as he’s jumped on the official remix. While the opening verse from Shabba Ranks himself is, for obvious reasons, the highlight, there’s no arguing with the rest of the guest muscle Ferg’s assembled here; East Coast veteran Busta Rhymes and North Atlanta trio Migos (Take-Off, Quavo and Offset) both turn in dope, high-energy performances over Snugworth‘s tense street boardwork. How about it, readers: would you rank (horrible pun intended) this remix over the original? For those who haven’t already copped Ferg’s RCA debut, Trap Lord is available now in stores and online.
Written by richard on 11/26/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.