Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
In addition to being among the first dancehall artists to go international, Shabba Ranks is famous for his flashy outfits, typically involving an extensive array of gold accoutrements. A fellow admirer of element number 79 on the periodic table, A$AP Ferg channels the Kingston icon’s fly fashion sense, along with a dash of his vocal delivery, on his latest single selection. Over a booming, tension-fraught instrumental by Modern Outfit beatsmith Snugworth, the emcee busts out his best fake patois as he boasts about his wardrobe and his “coupe full of bad hoes.” A$AP capo Rocky guests, toasting his success and shouting-out the (myriad) women in his life on verse two. Fans will be able to find Shabba and many more bangers on RCA debut album Trap Lord, scheduled to hit record stores and online retailers Tuesday, September 20.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Ferg’s Andrew Hines-directed Shabba visual.
Written by richard on 07/15/13
A$AP Mob affiliate A$AP Ferg has made his major-label debut with the Trap Lord LP. The Harlem buzzmaker's very first solo release, the set packs 13 original jams, including Booth-featured cuts "Work (Remix)," "Shabba" and...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.