Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
In addition to being among the first dancehall artists to go international, Shabba Ranks is famous for his flashy outfits, typically involving an extensive array of gold accoutrements. A fellow admirer of element number 79 on the periodic table, A$AP Ferg channels the Kingston icon’s fly fashion sense, along with a dash of his vocal delivery, on his latest single selection. Over a booming, tension-fraught instrumental by Modern Outfit beatsmith Snugworth, the emcee busts out his best fake patois as he boasts about his wardrobe and his “coupe full of bad hoes.” A$AP capo Rocky guests, toasting his success and shouting-out the (myriad) women in his life on verse two. Fans will be able to find Shabba and many more bangers on RCA debut album Trap Lord, scheduled to hit record stores and online retailers Tuesday, September 20.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Ferg’s Andrew Hines-directed Shabba visual.
Written by richard on 07/15/13
A$AP Mob affiliate A$AP Ferg has made his major-label debut with the Trap Lord LP. The Harlem buzzmaker's very first solo release, the set packs 13 original jams, including Booth-featured cuts "Work (Remix)," "Shabba" and...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.