Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
In addition to being among the first dancehall artists to go international, Shabba Ranks is famous for his flashy outfits, typically involving an extensive array of gold accoutrements. A fellow admirer of element number 79 on the periodic table, A$AP Ferg channels the Kingston icon’s fly fashion sense, along with a dash of his vocal delivery, on his latest single selection. Over a booming, tension-fraught instrumental by Modern Outfit beatsmith Snugworth, the emcee busts out his best fake patois as he boasts about his wardrobe and his “coupe full of bad hoes.” A$AP capo Rocky guests, toasting his success and shouting-out the (myriad) women in his life on verse two. Fans will be able to find Shabba and many more bangers on RCA debut album Trap Lord, scheduled to hit record stores and online retailers Tuesday, September 20.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Ferg’s Andrew Hines-directed Shabba visual.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.