When ASAP Ferg finds himself at odds with a fellow hustler, he follows a simple rule that’s served him well over the years: Let It Go. Not “Let it go” as in, “Take a deep breath and walk away from the situation;” “Let it go” as in, “squeeze the trigger and turn whoever’s getting on your nerves into Swiss cheese.” Bam—conflict resolved. On the latest single off his major-label debut, the Harlem phenom emphasizes just how willing he is to pepper his enemies with hot lead. To back his bloodthirsty, yet nonchalant bars, Highdefrazjah cooks up a whip-ready beat driven by trap hi-hats and Eastern-flavored synth loops. A$AP Yams lends his sing-song flow to the intro, returning on the back to deliver an ad-libbed outro. DanTheMan‘s action-packed visuals round out the package. Fans can find Let It Go and much more on Ferg’s debut full-length, Trap Lord, released last summer via ASAP Worldwide/Polo Grounds Music/RCA Records.
Written by richard on 03/10/14
A$AP Mob affiliate A$AP Ferg has made his major-label debut with the Trap Lord LP. The Harlem buzzmaker's very first solo release, the set packs 13 original jams, including Booth-featured cuts "Work (Remix)," "Shabba" and...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.