After his election in March, Pope Francis made news by turning down much of the traditional finery, ditching the ermine cape and red loafers and downgrading the gold cross and papal ring to, respectively, iron and silver. Those who like their religious leaders flashy and fly will be happy to hear that A$AP Ferg‘s picked up the slack on Hood Pope, the latest single off his major-label debut. Coming on the heels of this month’s Shabba, the record finds the Harlemite rocking red rubies and gold chains as he ministers to denizens of the block. Underneath the ostentatious accoutrements lies an earnest desire to improve the lives of inner-city youth, as Ferg’s melodically-flowed verses make clear: “Bunch of little kids running ‘round need nurturing / Lord know that I ain’t really perfect / All of these clowns run around this circus / Lord please witness my purpose.” Fans will be able to find this VeryRvre-produced joint and many more bangers on Trap Lord, scheduled to drop August 20, via Polo Grounds/RCA.
Written by richard on 07/30/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.