After his election in March, Pope Francis made news by turning down much of the traditional finery, ditching the ermine cape and red loafers and downgrading the gold cross and papal ring to, respectively, iron and silver. Those who like their religious leaders flashy and fly will be happy to hear that A$AP Ferg‘s picked up the slack on Hood Pope, the latest single off his major-label debut. Coming on the heels of this month’s Shabba, the record finds the Harlemite rocking red rubies and gold chains as he ministers to denizens of the block. Underneath the ostentatious accoutrements lies an earnest desire to improve the lives of inner-city youth, as Ferg’s melodically-flowed verses make clear: “Bunch of little kids running ‘round need nurturing / Lord know that I ain’t really perfect / All of these clowns run around this circus / Lord please witness my purpose.” Fans will be able to find this VeryRvre-produced joint and many more bangers on Trap Lord, scheduled to drop August 20, via Polo Grounds/RCA.
Written by richard on 07/30/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.