After his election in March, Pope Francis made news by turning down much of the traditional finery, ditching the ermine cape and red loafers and downgrading the gold cross and papal ring to, respectively, iron and silver. Those who like their religious leaders flashy and fly will be happy to hear that A$AP Ferg‘s picked up the slack on Hood Pope, the latest single off his major-label debut. Coming on the heels of this month’s Shabba, the record finds the Harlemite rocking red rubies and gold chains as he ministers to denizens of the block. Underneath the ostentatious accoutrements lies an earnest desire to improve the lives of inner-city youth, as Ferg’s melodically-flowed verses make clear: “Bunch of little kids running ‘round need nurturing / Lord know that I ain’t really perfect / All of these clowns run around this circus / Lord please witness my purpose.” Fans will be able to find this VeryRvre-produced joint and many more bangers on Trap Lord, scheduled to drop August 20, via Polo Grounds/RCA.
Written by richard on 07/30/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.