With a masterful grasp of street slanguistics and an instantly-recognizable, deadpan flow, the Chef is a worthy role model for any rhymesayer trying to make a name for himself in the game. On new single Raekwon Rap, his first feature since February’s provocative The History of Cotton, Asaad doesn’t attempt to channel the Wu-Tang icon’s inimitable delivery, but rather integrates Rae‘s image and personal mythology into his rhymes. Nascent & QB‘s lush, jazzy sample work sets the mood as the North Philly buzzmaker spins a fantasy of life as a coke kingpin, with all the designer clothes, expensive women and gangster-flick intrigue that entails. Need more Asaad in your life? Stay tuned; while Troy has yet to receive a drop date, we in The DJBooth will keep you supplied with all the latest news and tunes.
New Black ®
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dirty White Leathers" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.