With a masterful grasp of street slanguistics and an instantly-recognizable, deadpan flow, the Chef is a worthy role model for any rhymesayer trying to make a name for himself in the game. On new single Raekwon Rap, his first feature since February’s provocative The History of Cotton, Asaad doesn’t attempt to channel the Wu-Tang icon’s inimitable delivery, but rather integrates Rae‘s image and personal mythology into his rhymes. Nascent & QB‘s lush, jazzy sample work sets the mood as the North Philly buzzmaker spins a fantasy of life as a coke kingpin, with all the designer clothes, expensive women and gangster-flick intrigue that entails. Need more Asaad in your life? Stay tuned; while Troy has yet to receive a drop date, we in The DJBooth will keep you supplied with all the latest news and tunes.
New Black ®
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dirty White Leathers" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!