The title of Asaad‘s latest feature, Origins of Cotton, might have some expecting a look back at America’s troubled past. As it turns out, though, the Philly repper’s less interested in rehashing history than he is in making it. This newly-leaked EP cut finds Devil in a New Dress beatsmith Bink! serving up a lush string/guitar instrumental as Asaad paints a luxurious lyrical picture of success in the game. Feeling it? Stay tuned for release details on the as yet unscheduled New Black ® History Month, as well as all the latest tunes.
Written by richard on 02/6/12
Submit your Rating
New Black ®
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dirty White Leathers" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.