The title of Asaad‘s latest feature, Origins of Cotton, might have some expecting a look back at America’s troubled past. As it turns out, though, the Philly repper’s less interested in rehashing history than he is in making it. This newly-leaked EP cut finds Devil in a New Dress beatsmith Bink! serving up a lush string/guitar instrumental as Asaad paints a luxurious lyrical picture of success in the game. Feeling it? Stay tuned for release details on the as yet unscheduled New Black ® History Month, as well as all the latest tunes.
Written by richard on 02/6/12
Submit your Rating
New Black ®
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dirty White Leathers" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)