The title of Asaad‘s latest feature, Origins of Cotton, might have some expecting a look back at America’s troubled past. As it turns out, though, the Philly repper’s less interested in rehashing history than he is in making it. This newly-leaked EP cut finds Devil in a New Dress beatsmith Bink! serving up a lush string/guitar instrumental as Asaad paints a luxurious lyrical picture of success in the game. Feeling it? Stay tuned for release details on the as yet unscheduled New Black ® History Month, as well as all the latest tunes.
New Black ®
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dirty White Leathers" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- FL (of The Foodchain) - Young Amsterdam
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.