The title of Asaad‘s latest feature, Origins of Cotton, might have some expecting a look back at America’s troubled past. As it turns out, though, the Philly repper’s less interested in rehashing history than he is in making it. This newly-leaked EP cut finds Devil in a New Dress beatsmith Bink! serving up a lush string/guitar instrumental as Asaad paints a luxurious lyrical picture of success in the game. Feeling it? Stay tuned for release details on the as yet unscheduled New Black ® History Month, as well as all the latest tunes.
Written by richard on 02/6/12
Submit your Rating
New Black ®
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dirty White Leathers" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.