The title of Asaad‘s latest feature, Origins of Cotton, might have some expecting a look back at America’s troubled past. As it turns out, though, the Philly repper’s less interested in rehashing history than he is in making it. This newly-leaked EP cut finds Devil in a New Dress beatsmith Bink! serving up a lush string/guitar instrumental as Asaad paints a luxurious lyrical picture of success in the game. Feeling it? Stay tuned for release details on the as yet unscheduled New Black ® History Month, as well as all the latest tunes.
Written by richard on 02/6/12
Submit your Rating
New Black ®
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dirty White Leathers" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.