Who says hip-hop doesn’t teach you anything? If it weren’t for Asaad‘s latest feature, I might never have known about Alejandro Jodorowsky. For those curious, Alejandro Jodorowsky is a Chilean-French playwright, filmmaker and Renaissance man. What that has to do with the title of this cut, Alejandro Jodorowsky Flow, I’m not quite sure. Perhaps the reference is over my head, but what isn’t over my head is how dope this record sounds under headphones. First on the mic, Asaad blesses Trox‘s soulful, yet potent instrumental with a raw flow that contrasts nicely with the soul sample. Assisting the Philly native is TDE emcee Ab-Soul, whose deft flow sounds right at home here. This gripping number can be found on Asaad’s Flowers II project, due out this Thursday.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/26/14
Submit your Rating
New Black ®
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dirty White Leathers" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.