Who says hip-hop doesn’t teach you anything? If it weren’t for Asaad‘s latest feature, I might never have known about Alejandro Jodorowsky. For those curious, Alejandro Jodorowsky is a Chilean-French playwright, filmmaker and Renaissance man. What that has to do with the title of this cut, Alejandro Jodorowsky Flow, I’m not quite sure. Perhaps the reference is over my head, but what isn’t over my head is how dope this record sounds under headphones. First on the mic, Asaad blesses Trox‘s soulful, yet potent instrumental with a raw flow that contrasts nicely with the soul sample. Assisting the Philly native is TDE emcee Ab-Soul, whose deft flow sounds right at home here. This gripping number can be found on Asaad’s Flowers II project, due out this Thursday.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/26/14
Submit your Rating
New Black ®
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dirty White Leathers" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- DJ Drama ft. Young Jeezy, Young Thug & Rich Homie Quan - Right Back
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.