Who says hip-hop doesn’t teach you anything? If it weren’t for Asaad‘s latest feature, I might never have known about Alejandro Jodorowsky. For those curious, Alejandro Jodorowsky is a Chilean-French playwright, filmmaker and Renaissance man. What that has to do with the title of this cut, Alejandro Jodorowsky Flow, I’m not quite sure. Perhaps the reference is over my head, but what isn’t over my head is how dope this record sounds under headphones. First on the mic, Asaad blesses Trox‘s soulful, yet potent instrumental with a raw flow that contrasts nicely with the soul sample. Assisting the Philly native is TDE emcee Ab-Soul, whose deft flow sounds right at home here. This gripping number can be found on Asaad’s Flowers II project, due out this Thursday.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/26/14
Submit your Rating
New Black ®
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dirty White Leathers" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.