Who says hip-hop doesn’t teach you anything? If it weren’t for Asaad‘s latest feature, I might never have known about Alejandro Jodorowsky. For those curious, Alejandro Jodorowsky is a Chilean-French playwright, filmmaker and Renaissance man. What that has to do with the title of this cut, Alejandro Jodorowsky Flow, I’m not quite sure. Perhaps the reference is over my head, but what isn’t over my head is how dope this record sounds under headphones. First on the mic, Asaad blesses Trox‘s soulful, yet potent instrumental with a raw flow that contrasts nicely with the soul sample. Assisting the Philly native is TDE emcee Ab-Soul, whose deft flow sounds right at home here. This gripping number can be found on Asaad’s Flowers II project, due out this Thursday.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/26/14
Submit your Rating
New Black ®
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dirty White Leathers" (2011)
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.