Who says hip-hop doesn’t teach you anything? If it weren’t for Asaad‘s latest feature, I might never have known about Alejandro Jodorowsky. For those curious, Alejandro Jodorowsky is a Chilean-French playwright, filmmaker and Renaissance man. What that has to do with the title of this cut, Alejandro Jodorowsky Flow, I’m not quite sure. Perhaps the reference is over my head, but what isn’t over my head is how dope this record sounds under headphones. First on the mic, Asaad blesses Trox‘s soulful, yet potent instrumental with a raw flow that contrasts nicely with the soul sample. Assisting the Philly native is TDE emcee Ab-Soul, whose deft flow sounds right at home here. This gripping number can be found on Asaad’s Flowers II project, due out this Thursday.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/26/14
In September, 2012, North Philly rapper Asaad appeared on our homepage, featured for the release of his promo single "Raekwon Rap." Little did any of us know that it would be 18 months, until we heard from him again. Enter...
New Black ®
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dirty White Leathers" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.