Booth readers know ArtOfficial as prominent purveyors of live-band hip-hop, but did you know they’re also experienced practitioners of the dark art of Voodoo? Now that’s versatility. Previously heard in a recently-featured video, the latest single off the Miami-based crew’s forthcoming, Booth-sponsored street album sees Danny Perez, Manny Patino, Ralf Valencia and Keith Cooper recreating the squalling blues-rock riffage that backed Jimi Hendrix’ Voodoo Child as rappers Logic and Newsense deliver verses packed with braggadocio and ballistic weapon-based imagery: “I go off on a tantrum and jam like handguns…‘cause after all, trust me, you do not want to get hit by the catapult, let alone the cannonball.” If ArtOfficial’s fusion of hard-rock beats and hard-hitting rhymes has you spellbound, you’ll be able to find Voodoo, along with the previously-featured title track and Booth-premiered cut Doing Things Wrong, on the group’s The Payback mixtape, set to hit our front page on April 23.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Big City Bright Lights" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- FL (of The Foodchain) - Young Amsterdam
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.