Booth readers know ArtOfficial as prominent purveyors of live-band hip-hop, but did you know they’re also experienced practitioners of the dark art of Voodoo? Now that’s versatility. Previously heard in a recently-featured video, the latest single off the Miami-based crew’s forthcoming, Booth-sponsored street album sees Danny Perez, Manny Patino, Ralf Valencia and Keith Cooper recreating the squalling blues-rock riffage that backed Jimi Hendrix’ Voodoo Child as rappers Logic and Newsense deliver verses packed with braggadocio and ballistic weapon-based imagery: “I go off on a tantrum and jam like handguns…‘cause after all, trust me, you do not want to get hit by the catapult, let alone the cannonball.” If ArtOfficial’s fusion of hard-rock beats and hard-hitting rhymes has you spellbound, you’ll be able to find Voodoo, along with the previously-featured title track and Booth-premiered cut Doing Things Wrong, on the group’s The Payback mixtape, set to hit our front page on April 23.
Written by richard on 04/4/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Big City Bright Lights" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.