Booth readers know ArtOfficial as prominent purveyors of live-band hip-hop, but did you know they’re also experienced practitioners of the dark art of Voodoo? Now that’s versatility. Previously heard in a recently-featured video, the latest single off the Miami-based crew’s forthcoming, Booth-sponsored street album sees Danny Perez, Manny Patino, Ralf Valencia and Keith Cooper recreating the squalling blues-rock riffage that backed Jimi Hendrix’ Voodoo Child as rappers Logic and Newsense deliver verses packed with braggadocio and ballistic weapon-based imagery: “I go off on a tantrum and jam like handguns…‘cause after all, trust me, you do not want to get hit by the catapult, let alone the cannonball.” If ArtOfficial’s fusion of hard-rock beats and hard-hitting rhymes has you spellbound, you’ll be able to find Voodoo, along with the previously-featured title track and Booth-premiered cut Doing Things Wrong, on the group’s The Payback mixtape, set to hit our front page on April 23.
Written by richard on 04/4/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Big City Bright Lights" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Logic - Buried Alive
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.