Booth readers know ArtOfficial as prominent purveyors of live-band hip-hop, but did you know they’re also experienced practitioners of the dark art of Voodoo? Now that’s versatility. Previously heard in a recently-featured video, the latest single off the Miami-based crew’s forthcoming, Booth-sponsored street album sees Danny Perez, Manny Patino, Ralf Valencia and Keith Cooper recreating the squalling blues-rock riffage that backed Jimi Hendrix’ Voodoo Child as rappers Logic and Newsense deliver verses packed with braggadocio and ballistic weapon-based imagery: “I go off on a tantrum and jam like handguns…‘cause after all, trust me, you do not want to get hit by the catapult, let alone the cannonball.” If ArtOfficial’s fusion of hard-rock beats and hard-hitting rhymes has you spellbound, you’ll be able to find Voodoo, along with the previously-featured title track and Booth-premiered cut Doing Things Wrong, on the group’s The Payback mixtape, set to hit our front page on April 23.
Written by richard on 04/4/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Big City Bright Lights" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.