We’ve heard Miami, Florida crew ArtOfficial flip tracks by rock and jazz icons into live-band hip-hop gold, but can they work a similar brand of magic on classic cuts from their own genre? Judging by the latest single off their recent, DJBooth-sponsored street album, the answer to that question is “indubitably.” Show Me Change finds the ensemble borrowing a sample from Hova‘s Show Me What You Got (which itself samples a saxophone riff also sampled by Public Enemy and Wreckx-N-Effect) as emcees Newsense and Logics lace the cut with exultant rhymes. As if that weren’t already too much freshness to handle, fellow Panhandle State native QuEST and Solillaquists of Sound member Swamburger jump on board to deliver equally action-packed guest bars. If you’ve been sleeping on ArtOfficial, let this be your wake-up call; once you’ve poured yourself a tall cup of coffee, click here to stream or download The Payback.
Written by richard on 05/5/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Big City Bright Lights" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)