We’ve heard Miami, Florida crew ArtOfficial flip tracks by rock and jazz icons into live-band hip-hop gold, but can they work a similar brand of magic on classic cuts from their own genre? Judging by the latest single off their recent, DJBooth-sponsored street album, the answer to that question is “indubitably.” Show Me Change finds the ensemble borrowing a sample from Hova‘s Show Me What You Got (which itself samples a saxophone riff also sampled by Public Enemy and Wreckx-N-Effect) as emcees Newsense and Logics lace the cut with exultant rhymes. As if that weren’t already too much freshness to handle, fellow Panhandle State native QuEST and Solillaquists of Sound member Swamburger jump on board to deliver equally action-packed guest bars. If you’ve been sleeping on ArtOfficial, let this be your wake-up call; once you’ve poured yourself a tall cup of coffee, click here to stream or download The Payback.
Written by richard on 05/5/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Big City Bright Lights" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.