Prefer your music buttoned-down and neatly categorizable by genre? Then beware: the latest feature from ArtOfficial may be Too Nasty for your ears. Us musically adventurous types, on the other hand, are sure to enjoy what the Panhandle State crew bring to the table on this inaugural EP leak. Instrumentalists Danny Perez, Manny Patino, Ralf Valencia and Keith Cooper set a freewheeling mood, blending keyboard, sax, and shifting percussion into a shapeshifting backdrop for their colleagues’ rhymes. Rappers Logics and Newsense match the instrumental’s artfully unhinged feel, delivering a torrent of braggadocious lyricism sure to leave even the quickest-witted listeners feeling a little overstimulated – but hey, that’s what repeat spins are for, right? Fist Fights & Foot Races, a collection of material previously available only in Japan, will be downloadable for a price of your choosing starting sometime next week. In the meantime, why not check out the group’s reader-acclaimed, Booth-sponsored The Payback LP, available for free streaming and download from our mixtape page?
Written by richard on 12/13/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Big City Bright Lights" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.