I know what you’re thinking. Isn’t naming a song Migraine kind of like naming a chicken restaurant Salmonella or an airline Crash? Good point, but consider this: first, live instrument Miami crew ArtOfficial have never been ones to do the predictable, and second, thanks to smooth live instrumentation by Official members Danny Perez, Manny Patino, Ralf Valencia and Keith Cooper, Migraine is actually far more Tylenol than headache. Collectively produced by the group themselves, Migraine takes a sparse beat and punctuates it with distorted synths and horn riffs, all driven by a stuttering drum kit. Vocally emcees Logics and Newsense match the beat’s mellow personality, delivering flows that are on the surface non-threatening, until you start paying attention to the lyrics: “…hide your sons and daughters / you started getting shot at when you made yourself a target.” If you’re finding this jazz-influenced cut soothing that stress-induced headache, you’ll definitely want to check out their forthcoming album, Vitamins & Minerals, as well as keep an eye out for Migraine’s visual components, dropping next week.
Written by Nathan S. on 04/14/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Big City Bright Lights" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.