While February saw ArtOfficial join forces with fellow Panhandle State crews Miami Beat Wave and ¡MAYDAY! to drop the Neighbors LP, it’s been a year and change since last they stepped into the Booth with a feature of their own. All that collaborative work clearly kept them in top form, though; single numero uno off the ensemble’s next full-length is one of the most exhilarating jams we’ve heard from them to date. On Laser Show, Armando Lopez‘s propulsive drums, Ralf Valencia‘s winding bassline and Keith Cooper‘s screaming sax accompany emcees Newsense and Logics as they celebrate their return to the game in hyperkinetic verses. Fans will be able to find Laser Show and much more on ArtOfficial’s next album, Knives, scheduled for independent release on Tuesday, July 15.
Update: We have added the Daniel Daigle and Carlos De Verona-crafted visuals for ArtOfficial’s Laser Show single.
Written by richard on 06/26/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Big City Bright Lights" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.