While February saw ArtOfficial join forces with fellow Panhandle State crews Miami Beat Wave and ¡MAYDAY! to drop the Neighbors LP, it’s been a year and change since last they stepped into the Booth with a feature of their own. All that collaborative work clearly kept them in top form, though; single numero uno off the ensemble’s next full-length is one of the most exhilarating jams we’ve heard from them to date. On Laser Show, Armando Lopez‘s propulsive drums, Ralf Valencia‘s winding bassline and Keith Cooper‘s screaming sax accompany emcees Newsense and Logics as they celebrate their return to the game in hyperkinetic verses. Fans will be able to find Laser Show and much more on ArtOfficial’s next album, Knives, scheduled for independent release on Tuesday, July 15.
Update: We have added the Daniel Daigle and Carlos De Verona-crafted visuals for ArtOfficial’s Laser Show single.
Written by richard on 06/26/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Big City Bright Lights" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.