Last we heard from ArtOfficial, back in September of 2012, the Florida live-band ensemble had packed their bags for a date with destiny, unsure when they’d return. Five months later, their travels have finally brought them back to our pages, with a fresh single in tow. Released along with moody, animated visuals by RamJam‘s Tom Jackson, Black Birds showcases a laid-back, jazzy side of the crew’s sound. While Logic and Newsense‘s tightly-wound flows are as appealing as ever, I’d argue that Keith Cooper’ sax is the star of the show here. Like what you’re hearing? You can find Black Birds and many more quality cuts on ArtOfficial’s 2011 Vitamins & Minerals LP, still available for streaming and purchase right here in the Booth.
Written by richard on 03/21/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Big City Bright Lights" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.