Last we heard from ArtOfficial, back in September of 2012, the Florida live-band ensemble had packed their bags for a date with destiny, unsure when they’d return. Five months later, their travels have finally brought them back to our pages, with a fresh single in tow. Released along with moody, animated visuals by RamJam‘s Tom Jackson, Black Birds showcases a laid-back, jazzy side of the crew’s sound. While Logic and Newsense‘s tightly-wound flows are as appealing as ever, I’d argue that Keith Cooper’ sax is the star of the show here. Like what you’re hearing? You can find Black Birds and many more quality cuts on ArtOfficial’s 2011 Vitamins & Minerals LP, still available for streaming and purchase right here in the Booth.
Written by richard on 03/21/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Big City Bright Lights" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)