Last we heard from ArtOfficial, back in September of 2012, the Florida live-band ensemble had packed their bags for a date with destiny, unsure when they’d return. Five months later, their travels have finally brought them back to our pages, with a fresh single in tow. Released along with moody, animated visuals by RamJam‘s Tom Jackson, Black Birds showcases a laid-back, jazzy side of the crew’s sound. While Logic and Newsense‘s tightly-wound flows are as appealing as ever, I’d argue that Keith Cooper’ sax is the star of the show here. Like what you’re hearing? You can find Black Birds and many more quality cuts on ArtOfficial’s 2011 Vitamins & Minerals LP, still available for streaming and purchase right here in the Booth.
Written by richard on 03/21/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Big City Bright Lights" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.