Last we heard from ArtOfficial, back in September of 2012, the Florida live-band ensemble had packed their bags for a date with destiny, unsure when they’d return. Five months later, their travels have finally brought them back to our pages, with a fresh single in tow. Released along with moody, animated visuals by RamJam‘s Tom Jackson, Black Birds showcases a laid-back, jazzy side of the crew’s sound. While Logic and Newsense‘s tightly-wound flows are as appealing as ever, I’d argue that Keith Cooper’ sax is the star of the show here. Like what you’re hearing? You can find Black Birds and many more quality cuts on ArtOfficial’s 2011 Vitamins & Minerals LP, still available for streaming and purchase right here in the Booth.
Written by richard on 03/21/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Big City Bright Lights" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Every Girl Drake’s Ever Mentioned in a Song Ever
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.