With his last Booth appearance coming in November of 2012 (Popeye Jones Jr.) its been a hot minute since we last heard from Artel Carter. So, what has he been doing for these past nine months? Winning all across America. On Victor (VA to LA) Artel gives us a glimpse into what his travels from coast to coast have been like. From packed flights to packed bongs, and a schedule packed with ladies, he tells (and shows) us all about it. Backed by a chiming, brisk beat from Dante Lewis, Artel goes in on the track with a rapid-fire, charismatic flow. While his approach packs a punch, he also shows us a more finessed side—when the production changes to a slower, sample driven outro—that will resonate with fans regardless of their geographic location. Victor (VA to LA) is set to appear on Carter’s upcoming fall EP, WRECK.
Written by Lucas G. on 07/21/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.