With his last Booth appearance coming in November of 2012 (Popeye Jones Jr.) its been a hot minute since we last heard from Artel Carter. So, what has he been doing for these past nine months? Winning all across America. On Victor (VA to LA) Artel gives us a glimpse into what his travels from coast to coast have been like. From packed flights to packed bongs, and a schedule packed with ladies, he tells (and shows) us all about it. Backed by a chiming, brisk beat from Dante Lewis, Artel goes in on the track with a rapid-fire, charismatic flow. While his approach packs a punch, he also shows us a more finessed side—when the production changes to a slower, sample driven outro—that will resonate with fans regardless of their geographic location. Victor (VA to LA) is set to appear on Carter’s upcoming fall EP, WRECK.
Written by Lucas G. on 07/21/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.