With his last Booth appearance coming in November of 2012 (Popeye Jones Jr.) its been a hot minute since we last heard from Artel Carter. So, what has he been doing for these past nine months? Winning all across America. On Victor (VA to LA) Artel gives us a glimpse into what his travels from coast to coast have been like. From packed flights to packed bongs, and a schedule packed with ladies, he tells (and shows) us all about it. Backed by a chiming, brisk beat from Dante Lewis, Artel goes in on the track with a rapid-fire, charismatic flow. While his approach packs a punch, he also shows us a more finessed side—when the production changes to a slower, sample driven outro—that will resonate with fans regardless of their geographic location. Victor (VA to LA) is set to appear on Carter’s upcoming fall EP, WRECK.
Written by Lucas G. on 07/21/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.