With his last Booth appearance coming in November of 2012 (Popeye Jones Jr.) its been a hot minute since we last heard from Artel Carter. So, what has he been doing for these past nine months? Winning all across America. On Victor (VA to LA) Artel gives us a glimpse into what his travels from coast to coast have been like. From packed flights to packed bongs, and a schedule packed with ladies, he tells (and shows) us all about it. Backed by a chiming, brisk beat from Dante Lewis, Artel goes in on the track with a rapid-fire, charismatic flow. While his approach packs a punch, he also shows us a more finessed side—when the production changes to a slower, sample driven outro—that will resonate with fans regardless of their geographic location. Victor (VA to LA) is set to appear on Carter’s upcoming fall EP, WRECK.
Written by Lucas G. on 07/21/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.