A recent trend in the R&B game has seen behind-the-scenes veterans (writers and producers) emerging with records that feature only their singing. Following in the footsteps of Ne-Yo, Johnta Austin, Ryan Leslie, Dallas Austin, and Sean Garrett, 22-year old Armél is ready to become the next triple-threat artist in line. As he demonstrates the art of smooth conversation around the ladies, things progress faster than expected as Armél proclaims “I Took It Down.” With a guest feature by Juelz Santana, and L.T. Hutton’s low bass beat, Armel might find himself skipping to the front of the line sooner than expected. Armél’s upcoming untitled album has no current release date.
Written by Burmy on 02/12/08
Submit your Rating
Elite City/Fort Knocks Entertainment
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label