Now would be a good time to slip on some shades, if you’ve got a pair handy. On his first solo feature, making its world premiere right here in the Booth, Suga City emcee Arkansas Bo Shines so brightly that onlookers risk temporary blindness. Got your protective eyewear on? Good. Here, the laid-back, string-sampled boardwork of B. Keith sets the stage for two verses’ worth of Southern-fried braggadocio. In addition to thoroughly cataloging his admirable qualities (“When it comes to rappin’ and pimpin’ I got crazy skills, plus I’m hella attractive…”) and affirming his ironclad dedication to the hustle, Bo fills inquiring minds in on his favorite color (it’s Navy blue). Topped off with guest vocals from Houston up-and-comer Big Keise, this radiant cut and much more can be found on The Notebook, a DJBooth.net/KevinNottingham-cosponsored street album inspired by the classic chick flick of the same name. Just kidding… or am I? I guess we’ll find out March 17. In the meantime, keep it locked to our front page for one more leak off the project.
Written by richard on 02/25/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Don't Be Afraid to Feel Me" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.