Now would be a good time to slip on some shades, if you’ve got a pair handy. On his first solo feature, making its world premiere right here in the Booth, Suga City emcee Arkansas Bo Shines so brightly that onlookers risk temporary blindness. Got your protective eyewear on? Good. Here, the laid-back, string-sampled boardwork of B. Keith sets the stage for two verses’ worth of Southern-fried braggadocio. In addition to thoroughly cataloging his admirable qualities (“When it comes to rappin’ and pimpin’ I got crazy skills, plus I’m hella attractive…”) and affirming his ironclad dedication to the hustle, Bo fills inquiring minds in on his favorite color (it’s Navy blue). Topped off with guest vocals from Houston up-and-comer Big Keise, this radiant cut and much more can be found on The Notebook, a DJBooth.net/KevinNottingham-cosponsored street album inspired by the classic chick flick of the same name. Just kidding… or am I? I guess we’ll find out March 17. In the meantime, keep it locked to our front page for one more leak off the project.
Written by richard on 02/25/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Don't Be Afraid to Feel Me" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.