Now would be a good time to slip on some shades, if you’ve got a pair handy. On his first solo feature, making its world premiere right here in the Booth, Suga City emcee Arkansas Bo Shines so brightly that onlookers risk temporary blindness. Got your protective eyewear on? Good. Here, the laid-back, string-sampled boardwork of B. Keith sets the stage for two verses’ worth of Southern-fried braggadocio. In addition to thoroughly cataloging his admirable qualities (“When it comes to rappin’ and pimpin’ I got crazy skills, plus I’m hella attractive…”) and affirming his ironclad dedication to the hustle, Bo fills inquiring minds in on his favorite color (it’s Navy blue). Topped off with guest vocals from Houston up-and-comer Big Keise, this radiant cut and much more can be found on The Notebook, a DJBooth.net/KevinNottingham-cosponsored street album inspired by the classic chick flick of the same name. Just kidding… or am I? I guess we’ll find out March 17. In the meantime, keep it locked to our front page for one more leak off the project.
Written by richard on 02/25/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Don't Be Afraid to Feel Me" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.