You’d be hard-pressed to convince the 9.6% of Americans who are currently out of work that unemployment is actually a good thing but, on his latest mixtape leak (making its world premiere right here in the Booth), Southern buzzmaker (and freestyle series alum) Arkansas Bo convincingly argues that it has its perks: no boss to answer to, you can sleep as late as you want and, best of all, you can Party and Bulls#@t to your heart’s content. Inspired, of course, by Biggie‘s ‘93 classic, this laid-back banger finds Kory “K-Dub” Williams’ serving up a chill jazz-keyboard backdrop as the Suga City rapper explains why, when he got laid off, he wasn’t all that upset. On the middle, Bo engages in some strategizing that should ring familiar to anyone who’s struggled to balance the desire to get tipsy with being “broke as sh*t”: “Let’s see, $10 to get in, and $12 at the bar… I can do that, I’ll put this vodka in the trunk of my car.” Digging this glass-half-full take on joblessness? Keep it locked for one more leak leading up to the November 22, release of Bo’s latest street album, the Kevin Nottingham/DBooth.net-sponsored Skill Zone.
Written by richard on 11/8/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)