You’d be hard-pressed to convince the 9.6% of Americans who are currently out of work that unemployment is actually a good thing but, on his latest mixtape leak (making its world premiere right here in the Booth), Southern buzzmaker (and freestyle series alum) Arkansas Bo convincingly argues that it has its perks: no boss to answer to, you can sleep as late as you want and, best of all, you can Party and Bulls#@t to your heart’s content. Inspired, of course, by Biggie‘s ‘93 classic, this laid-back banger finds Kory “K-Dub” Williams’ serving up a chill jazz-keyboard backdrop as the Suga City rapper explains why, when he got laid off, he wasn’t all that upset. On the middle, Bo engages in some strategizing that should ring familiar to anyone who’s struggled to balance the desire to get tipsy with being “broke as sh*t”: “Let’s see, $10 to get in, and $12 at the bar… I can do that, I’ll put this vodka in the trunk of my car.” Digging this glass-half-full take on joblessness? Keep it locked for one more leak leading up to the November 22, release of Bo’s latest street album, the Kevin Nottingham/DBooth.net-sponsored Skill Zone.
Written by richard on 11/8/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.